Now you don’t have any more excuses for not putting on your baking mittens at home. Baking a cake at home is easy even if you don’t have a fancy oven to boast of. With this simple recipe for success you can easily bake a healthy and wonderful cake at home for all your loved ones. It is a myth that baking requires an oven. With this new and innovative technique you can have a great cake ready at home within minutes. You will surely be able to mesmerize your family with this magical creation.
Not only is it going to be fresher and healthier in comparison to the stale cakes that one orders from their local bakery but cost effective and economical as well. So the next time there is a birthday, anniversary or any other celebration in your family don’t order a cake online but much rather bake a cake at home.
This Atta Fruit Cake recipe is a light and healthy alternative to bakery cakes and uses very simple ingredients. To the delight of you vegetarians out there, this cake is also eggless and can be prepared at a moment’s notice. You should also know that this cake doesn’t use any artificial sugar and gets all its sweetness from jiggery and the dates. These are natural sugars and hence this cake is quite healthy.
Please note that all the measures for this recipe have been given in cup size. Keep in mind that 1 cup size unit is 250ml.
Here’s the list of ingredients you shall require and their measurements:-
- ½ cup grated Jaggery
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup chopped dates
Instructions for preparation of Ovenless Atta Fruit Cake :-
- Firstly, blend the 1/4cup of Jaggery along with 3/4 cup of milk and a ¼ cup of oil in your kitchen blender. A light blend is good enough for the contents to combine. Empty the contents of this into a whipping bowl.
- Now, through a sieve, add 1 full cup of wheat flour along with 1 teaspoon of baking powder and ½ teaspoon of baking soda. Gently sieve all these into the bowl. Whisk the mixture well to not form any lumps.
- Now you are ready to add some finely chopped dates to this batter. Feel free to add raisins and cashew nuts as well if you so please. Remember to stir them lightly into the batter so that you get an even spread.
- Now take your baking dish and brush some oil in it and then use some baking paper to cover the bottom. You can go ahead and pour the batter into this baking dish.
- Now fire up your stove and pre heat an ordinary steel kadhai for 5 minutes at high flame and cover with a lid. Once preheated lift the lid and place the baking mould into the kadhai. Turn the gas onto low/mid heat for 30 minutes. Leave it covered for this period of time.
- After 30 minutes you are ready to start serving this delectable creation. Now will emerge your lovely Atta Fruit Cake that will have risen to fill out the baking dish if all the procedures have been followed well.
- Before you can dig into this treat, you will need to cool the baking tray
- Finally, there is the task of rescuing this splendid creation from the baking dish and removing the butter paper that will be at its bottom.
- If you wish to add icing to it, you can go ahead, I prefer it just the way it is, moist and fresh.
Follow this simple recipe to make an ovenless cake at home. This cake recipe is totally vegetarian and uses wholesome nutritional ingredients. Also the recipe gives you a chance to play around with it. For instance you can also add some “Elaichi” mixture or any other nuts according to your preference before baking the batter in the Kadhai. The very foundation of the cake batter with “Jaggery” is what gives it the subdued sweetness.
The milk in the batter keeps the insides of the cake moist. Finally the dates, raisins and cashew nuts give it the right sweetness and texture profile So that you are pleased with each bite. Make sure to share this lovely creation with family and friends.